After a week of activism, blogging and such I decided to teach my daughter how to make block print out of potatoes as a bit of homeschooling work.
To do this you need the following items.
- A Potato
- Food Coloring
- Knife -very sharp
- Small dish or Saucer
- Paper towels
After collecting the items follow the below steps.
- Cut the potato in half.
- Draw on the potato the letter you want to carve out.
- Carefully carve out the letter. Make sure to cut deep enough so that it leaves a good impression on the paper
- Pour the Food Coloring into your container.
- Gently dip the Potato into the Food Coloring
- Gently yet firmly press onto sheet of paper.
- Blot potato with paper towel.
- Repeat as desired.
The following slide show covers the above steps.