The Venerable Dhammajiva has practiced meditation as a master for over a decade and is the Abbot and instructor of Meetirigala. Meetirigala is a monastery that follows the strict forest tradition. The Meetirigala monastery is based in Sri Lanka.
The five books that are available for downloads are as follows:
- The Seven Factors of Enlightenment: In this book Venerable Dhammajiva discusses the essences of the Buddha’s teaching on the “Seven Factors of Awakening.”
- Towards An Inner Peace: Here the Venerable Dhammajiva makes accessible the discourses of the Anapanasati Sutra and the practice of mindfulness. They have been translated from Sinhala to English.
- In This Life Itself: This book covers teachings of Vipassana meditation and the practice of Satipatthana.
- A Mind Revealed: This book is from a lecture that Venerable Dhammajiva gave to Monks at Meetirigala and expounds upon the Dutiyadvaya Sutra.
- Mahasi Insight Meditation: Here Venerable Dhammajiva has translated the teachings of the Burmese meditation master Mahasi Syadaw into English.